Connect with us

Headline

Again, Bayern Munich Confirm Interest In Signing Erling Haaland From Borussia Dortmund

Published

on

Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has confirmed the club will enter the race to sign Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland amid interest from Manchester United and Manchester City.

Haaland, 21, has become one of Europe’s top-rated strikers thanks to his scintillating form at Dortmund.

Dortmund snapped up the sought-after Norwegian striker from RB Salzburg after triggering his £17.1m release clause.

However, the German club now face the challenge of keeping hold of Haaland amid interest from Europe’s biggest clubs.

Dortmund have slapped a £150m price tag on the former RB Salzburg star, with the likes of United, City and Chelsea all linked with a sensational move for Haaland.

Haaland’s current deal with the Bundesliga side will expire in 2024, but his £68m release clause will become active in 2022.

Now, Salihamidzic has insisted that Bayern would look like “amateurs” if they didn’t explore the possibility of signing the Norway international.

He told German TV channel Sport1 on Sunday: “He’s a top player, and I hear a great boy too. You look there, but he’s a Dortmund player. Sixty goals in 60 games.

“You have to look, otherwise we would be full amateurs.”

Sky Germany (via Sky Sports) reports that Bayern would find it ‘very difficult’ to financially challenge rival European clubs in a move for Haaland.

Chelsea are expected to end their interest in Haaland this summer, with the Blues inching closer to a club-record £97.5m deal for Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking at Dortmund’s training camp last month, Haaland revealed at the time that he had barely spoken with super-agent Mino Raiola amid rumours over his future.

“Before yesterday I hadn’t spoken with my agent [for] one month,” he said.

“So, you have the answer. I hope it’s only rumours because it’s a lot of money for a person.

Haaland added: “First of all, I have three years left on my contract. I’m enjoying my time here. But, of course, the trophy was important because that’s what I want.”

 356 total views,  3 views today

Headline

Win AFCON 2021 Trophy, Get N102m, Otedola Promises Super Eagles

Published

on

Billionaire businessman Femi Otedola has promised the Super Eagles the equivalent of $250,000 in naira (N102,895,000) if they win the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

The Eagles will also receive N49,389,600 ($120,000) for the six goals they scored in the group stage of the ongoing continental showpiece, thanks to the Coalition Against COVID-19.

CACOVID, a private sector-led platform established to assist the government in combating Coronavirus in the country, praised the team for their performance at the AFCON and promised to reward the squad with the naira equivalent of $20,000 for each goal scored in the group stage.

The Eagles finished the group stage with six goals, which amounted to $120,000.

According to Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, who represented CACOVID during a visit to the team’s camp in Cameroon, their impressive group stage performance convinced CACOVID to increase the amount for every goal scored to $50,000 in the round of 16.

“I came with a message from the CACOVID. The CACOVID is the coalition of private-sector companies that was set up to fight COVID-19 in Nigeria and they have been happy with the performance of the team,” Emefiele said in a video posted by the Eagles media department on Thursday.

“During the meeting I had with the captain (Ahmed Musa) and the coach (Austin Eguavoen), I delivered a message from CACOVID and the message is that, for every goal that is scored, the team will receive the naira equivalent of $20,000 so far, you have earned for yourself the naira equivalent of $120,000.

“We held a CACOVID meeting again because everyone is overjoyed for everything you’ve done so far, CACOVID has asked me to raise the ante.

“From the round of 16, for every goal scored, you will earn for yourselves as a team the naira equivalent of $50,000.

“Also, Femi Otedola, who is a member of CACOVID, has asked me to tell you that if you lift the trophy, he has in the bank for you, the naira equivalent of $250,000. This is just the beginning and I can assure you that if you win your round of 16 games, another promise might be made,” Emefiele added.

 405 total views,  405 views today

Continue Reading

Entertainment

“I Have Never Been Sexually Harassed”, Actress, Caroline Igben Opens Up

Published

on

…Says She Has Never Been Sexually Harassed

Budding actress and content creator, Caroline Igben who featured in numerous skits has averred that she hasn’t been sexually harassed in Nollywood.

Speaking in a chat with Pulse Tv, the beautiful role interpreter said: “I have not been sexually harassed. If you are to count offers of being ask to go for lunch or dinner after an audition, I have gotten such offers”.

Recounting her experience in Nollywood, the theatre arts graduate said she thought being beautiful and talented would get her roles in Nollywood. Igben added that Nollywood humbled her.

“I studied theatre arts and I thought coming out would be easy for me .I said to myself ‘I am fine, talented and sound okay’ But then it was such a reality check when I got in and I realized there are too many people with all these qualities. The industry has humbled me.I am humbled that is all I can say”.

Sharing her thoughts on colorism in Nollywood, she said: “I don’t think colorism is a reason for anyone not to get jobs.Directors have particular skin colours they want for specific roles.It may be a dark skinned or light skinned person”.

On her plans for the future, the actress who hails from Delta State said: “I hope to have grown significantly in the next five years”.

 1,214 total views,  737 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

No Decision Yet On Petrol Subsidy, Says Obaseki

Published

on

The National Economic Council in Nigeria says deliberations on the issue of subsidy on premium motor spirit are ongoing and that no decision has been taken on it.

Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Southern Nigeria, stated this while briefing State House correspondents on Thursday after the meeting of the Council presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Obaseki says the NEC ad-hoc committee headed by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, North West Nigeria, has been working on the issue, but insisted that the Council has not taken a decision yet.

“The issue of subsidy has been one matter that NEC has deliberated on for more than a year now.

“There was an ad-hoc committee which was set up by NEC, headed by Gov. El-Rufai that included members of the executive arm of government that worked on recommendations as to what we should do about the cost of PMS locally because as has been told us the cost of pms in Nigeria today is about N162 for a litre whereas every other country surrounding Nigeria is selling the product at more than 100% of the cost in Nigeria.”

According to Obaseki, the huge amount Nigeria spends on subsidy could have been put on the provision of amenities in the country.

“The country as at last year spent in excess of—we must have the exact figures—but we must have spent almost N2trillion subsidizing petroleum products.

“That is money that could have gone into building roads; money that could have gone into healthcare and education.

“So, for NEC, the argument has been put out: should we continue this regime of spending money that we do not have to subsidize the living standard of mostly those who have vehicles.

“When NEC looked at some of the analysis last year, we then realized that less than 1/3 of the states in this country consume 2/3 of the subsidy.

“So the issue of equity also came up. All of these findings were presented to the NEC and NEC has had deliberations on still ongoing.

“So, NEC has not come up with any decision yet and I think has also been made to the president.”

 1,405 total views,  665 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending