Former British world champion Joshua vouched for a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk after losing the WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight belts to the Ukrainian in September 2021.
However, new report reveals Joshua was set to accept a £15m deal to step aside and allow Usyk to fight WBC champion Fury instead for all the belts.
Responding to the speculation, Joshua said on the Undefeated Podcast: ‘You know what’s bad about all these interviews I see? I see interviews that quote what I said, I think to myself, I ain’t done no interviews.
‘Where did this person get this information from? I see people saying “AJ accepts £15m to step aside.”
‘I ain’t signed no contract, I ain’t seen no contract. As it stands, stop listening to the b*t until it comes from me.
‘I’m the man in control of my destiny. I’m the man who handles my business. I’m a smart individual and I make calculated decisions every step of the way.
‘Don’t listen to the bt from other sources. If I tell you something then you know it’s real.’
595 total views, 3 views today
2023: Peter Obi Blows Hot, Insists He’s Not Desperate To Be President
…I’m Not A Saint, But Go And Check My Records, Ex-Anambra Gov Blasts Wike Over Integrity ‘Attack’
Former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, on Friday said he is not desperate to be President.
Mr Obi made the comment while appearing on Channels Television’s Politics Today.
According to Mr Obi, he left the Peoples Democratic Party for the Labour Party because the former did no longer align with his political values.
“I’m not desperate to be President or anything,” he said. “I’m desperate to see Nigeria work. Especially for the youths of this country.
“I’ve moved to where I think the process might allow me.
He also retorted that no one can question his integrity over management of public funds/office as he did his best and the records show it.
Obi in a statement on Friday submitted that leaving the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) does not bring his integrity into question or disrepute in any form.
Obi made the submission as a response to Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike who had earlier on Thursday during a TV interview stated that Obi’s decision to dump the PDP a few days to the presidential primaries shows a lack of character and integrity.
But replying Wike’s statement, Obi during an interview on Channels Television Politics Today on Friday said his only offence while in office was refusing to mismanage public funds, hence no one can call him out for lack of integrity.
Obi added that even when has was offered some ‘juicy packages’ while in office, he rejected them and opted to live within his means.
According to him, the politics of sharing money has never been a part of him.
“Wike talks about the issue of integrity. He said my leaving the PDP questioned my integrity, I don’t know how that came about. When we talk about integrity, we talk about it in the management of public assets.
“That is what we should be talking about in this country and when such things are mentioned about me, I feel maybe there is something missing somehow. Go and check my record as a governor, I was impeached for three reasons, one, my office had an approved budget for renovation for N298m and I renovated everything with N43,2m.
“My lodge, to renovate where I live, I got a budget of N486m, I did everything with N81m. Number three is that I was saving money without the approval of the House. From day one I said we must save money, for 8 years I was governor, go and ask any contractor that sat with me whether I inflated any contract,” Obi declared.
He added that the evidence of his integrity and character in managing public funds is the N75 billion he left behind when he left office after eight years as Governor.
“When I left office, I left N75bn as at that time because it is public money and I am managing it on public trust. For me when you talk about integrity, it questions your management of public funds and resources.
“Go to Anambra State today, I have no land given to me by the Anambra State Government, My managing director of my housing authority, Mike Nwafor, is still alive, he gave me land and two houses and I rejected them. Nobody has ever seen me in my political life sharing money at any time. I am not saying I am a saint, but I did things which I believe were right,” Obi added.
1,353 total views, 1,114 views today
JUST IN: APC Postpones Presidential Primaries To June 6-7
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has postponed its presidential primary election to Friday, June 6 and Saturday, 7.
The APC announced the postponement after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Friday evening bowed to pressure by political parties to extend the dates for the conduct of primary elections.
INEC in a statement on Friday, extended the dates for primaries by six days.
1,482 total views, 1,021 views today
I’ll Have Up To 12 Wives Before 40, Singer, Portable Brags Amid Headies Saga
Habeeb Okikiola, the fast-rising Nigerian singer better known as Portable, says he would have up to 12 wives before he clocks 40.
The 27-year-old controversial musician spoke in a video shared via his Instagram page on Friday.
In the video, Portable boasted that he currently has six wives even though he is still below 30.
“I never reach 30, I don get six wives and plenty children. Before I reach 40, my housewives would be up to a dozen (12). I am not 30 and I already have six. I just want to inform you so you would be aware,” he said in a mixture of English and Pidgin.
Portable came into the limelight towards the end of 2021 on the back of his hit track ‘Zazoo Zeh’ featuring Olamide, the rapper, and Poco Lee, the dancer.
He was recently nominated for the ‘Rookie of the Year’ and ‘Best Street-Hop Artiste’ categories at the 2022 edition of the Headies.
While the singer has continued to enjoy fame, he has also made headlines for controversial reasons.
On Wednesday, Portable claimed his co-nominees at The Headies are no match for him. He also threatened to kill anyone who wins any of the categories in his place.
In it’s reaction, organisers of the annual awards on Friday threatened to disqualify the singer if he fails to retract his statement and issue an apology on his social media pages.
2,195 total views, 1,531 views today
- 2023: PDP NWC To Meet Presidential Aspirants Today
- 2023: Peter Obi Blows Hot, Insists He’s Not Desperate To Be President
- I’ve No Plan To Leave Tottenham, Says Conte
- ‘Nigeria Is Hectic, I Am Off To Dubai After London’, Says BBNaija Star, Uriel Oputa
- Presidential Primaries: APC Afraid PDP Will Pick Northerner As Candidate – Adeyanju
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment9 months ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline11 months ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Headline3 months ago
BREAKING: Lagos CP Orders Security Beef Up Following MC Oluomo’s Suspension
Entertainment9 months ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
Headline4 weeks ago
Just In: 2023: We Won’t Support Tinubu’s Ambition -Ambode Campaign Organisation
Entertainment4 months ago
Singer, Oxlade In Big Mess After His Sex Tape With A Strange Lady Surfaces Online (Watch Video)
World news4 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda
Entertainment2 years ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)