Dowen College has shut down over controversy surrounding the alleged death of a 12-year-old student, Sylvester Oromoni.
Dowen, in a statement on Friday, said the school will be closed for two days over the current situation.
The statement read: “In view of the situation concerning the school and considering the emotions of our students we have advised that our students stay home tomorrow Friday 3rd and Monday 6th December 2021.
This will also afford the students opportunity to revise for their forthcoming examination starting next week
Oromoni’s death became public knowledge after a family member, identified as Perri, on Thursday posted about the incident on social media.
The family member identified as @PerrisOnoromoni alleged that the Junior Secondary School 2 pupil died from internal injuries he sustained during an assault by fellow students who wanted to initiate him into cultism.
He stated this before his cousin died after he called out five pupils who brutalised him for refusing to join a cult.
However, a statement by Dowen College Principal, Mrs. Adebisi Layiwola, denied any form of bullying or attack on the student.
Part of the statement read, “The whole incident is strange and unbelievable because the school had effective anti-bullying policies and consequences are well spelt out to all the students.”
According to them, the preliminary investigation proved that there was no fighting, bullying or any form of attack on the boy.
“He made no such reports, neither his sister who is also a student or any other students, prefects, house parents, medical staff, or any of the management staff.
“Furthermore, we state categorically Dowen College is built on core values of godliness and excellence and will not tolerate any acts of cultism, which is why there is nothing like that and there have never been such deviant activities as this is a faith-based school and effective policies are in place to prevent such occurrence,” the statement said.
The statement has since stirred outrage on social media as Nigerians have called for justice.
1,242 total views, 3 views today
Arteta Can Make Top Four This Season, Says Vieira
Crystal Palace manager, Patrick Vieira, has claimed Arsenal now have a squad that will be closer to competing for the Premier League title.
Vieira stated this on Thursday during his pre-match press conference.
The Frenchman will put emotion to one side when he faces his former club on Friday night.
But Vieira has been impressed by their summer business ahead of the new season.
“I think it is about focusing on the game and how we can perform.
“Arsenal are in a better place than last year.
“They have brought in new players and they have the squad to be closer to the title,” Vieira said.
322 total views, 8 views today
Omotayo Sanyaolu, Aide To Sanwo-Olu, Dies In Car Crash
…Lagos Gov Mourns
Omotayo Sanyaolu, the Senior Special Assistant on Tertiary Education, Youths and Students Affairs to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State is dead.
As gathered, Sanyaolu died in a lone auto crash in the Maryland area of the state during the early hours of Friday around Army Cantonment, Maryland, Ikeja.
Confirming the incident in a statement, the Permanent Secretary, Lagos State Emergency Management Authority, Dr, Femi Oke-Osanyantolu, said the deceased’s vehicle rammed into an ATM located around the cantonment.
”Upon arrival at the scene it was discovered that a black Toyota Camry with registration number LAGH 32, while on top speed rammed into the Keystone Bank ATM located close to the Army Cantonment, Ikeja.
“Unfortunately, an adult male, Sanyanolu, who was the sole occupant of the vehicle died on impact and his remains were immediately bagged upon arrival of emergency responders.
“These have been handed over to the cantonment officer on duty (Officer Musa)
Meanwhile, Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has mourned the passing of his Senior Special Assistant on Tertiary Education, Youth and Student Affairs, Omotayo Sanyaolu, who died on Friday.
Governor Sanwo-Olu in a condolence message issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, on Friday, expressed his sympathies to the family of Mr Sanyaolu, whom he described as a “loyal, committed, hardworking and dedicated co-worker in the Greater Lagos agenda.”
The governor said the death of Mr Sanyaolu is a personal loss to him and the Lagos State Government, as well as the deceased family, friends, Lagos APC, and tertiary institutions within the state.
“The death of a loved one is usually painful as it is irreparable but we must thank God that Omotayo Sanyaolu made a positive impact during his short but eventful lifetime. He served our party, APC passionately and meritoriously as a Youth Leader and contributed to its victory in many elections.
“Tayo as my Special Assistant on Tertiary Education, Youth and Student Affairs was very instrumental to the Greater Lagos agenda. He contributed positively to issues affecting the youths and students in the state.
“I sympathise with his widow, children, siblings, friends and the entire family as well as Lagos State and the APC family. I pray that God will grant the late Omotayo Sanyaolu eternal rest and grant the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. We will miss Tayo.”
3,702 total views, 8 views today
Breaking: Headies Disqualify Controversial Singer, Portable From Awards
Maverick singer Habib Okikiola (Portbale) has been disqualified from taking part in this year’s Headies Award.
Organisers said Portable, who has been at the centre of many controversies was removed from its list nominees to send a strong warning they dont tolerate criminalities.
“The music industry demands all-round excellence, and it is extremely important for young artists being potential role models to exude professional responsibility, proper decorum and have respect for others.”
According to the organisers, Portable was disqualified due to a series of misdemeanours via his social media platforms.
Portable had threatened to kill anyone who wins in the categories for which he was nominated.
Meanwhile, ppular Singer, Habeeb Okikiola, AKA Portable, has reacted to his disqualification from the Headies Awards..
Reacting to the disqualification, Portable in an Instagram video said he does not regret his action.
“I am a child of light. I have fame, I have money, I have cars, I have wives, I have children. I am rich. People know me everywhere. I don’t regret my actions,” he said while caressing his wife.
6,035 total views, 8 views today
- Real Madrid Beat Frankfurt 2-0, Clinch UEFA Super Cup
- Osun APC Crisis: We’re Ready For Reconciliation, Says Aregbesola Camp
- I Never Demanded N50bn Monthly From Ambode, Tinubu Reacts As He Warns Peter Obi’s Supporters Against Promoting Fake News
- Police Dare Army Over Lagos Clash, Accuse Soldiers Of Abduction
- ‘My Mom Took Me For Deliverance Services When She Found Out About My Sexuality’ Says Singer, Temmie Ovwasa
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment11 months ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline1 year ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Headline5 months ago
BREAKING: Lagos CP Orders Security Beef Up Following MC Oluomo’s Suspension
Entertainment11 months ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
Entertainment6 months ago
Singer, Oxlade In Big Mess After His Sex Tape With A Strange Lady Surfaces Online (Watch Video)
Headline3 months ago
Just In: 2023: We Won’t Support Tinubu’s Ambition -Ambode Campaign Organisation
Entertainment2 years ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)
World news4 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda