Connect with us

Headline

Facebook, WhatsApp Restored For Users Globally After Six Hours’ Shut Down

Published

on

…’We Have Lost Millions, Nigerian Online Business Owners Cry Out

Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger which all went down on Monday afternoon with users worldwide reporting the crashes, have now been restored.

It was observed that the sites were restored around 10.45pm after about six hours of crash, cutting off billions of users around the world.

The online services all share an infrastructure and are owned by Facebook, which is owned by American billionaire Mark Zuckerberg.

It was earlier reported that the crash started around 16:41BST, according to the website Downdetector. While just two problems were reported at 16:26, the site says, this had jumped to more than 27,000 just fifteen minutes later.

According to The National, users attempting to access Facebook on their browser were shown a blank error page, while those using WhatsApp or Instagram mobile apps were able to view existing content, but nothing new has loaded.

“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing Facebook app. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible, and we apologize for any inconvenience,” Facebook had said via @facebookapp

Posting on Twitter, which has not seen any issues, the Facebook app had said it was aware of outages affecting “some people”.

Meanwhile, Nigerians have taken to other social media platforms to express their displeasure after major social media services including, Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp experienced a blackout on Monday evening.

Recall that many users across the world are currently finding it difficult to gain access to WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook.


The three apps are all owned by Facebook and run on shared infrastructure, which was foundered by Mark Zuckerberg.

According to reports all completely stopped working shortly before 5pm.

Visitors to the Facebook website simply saw an error page or a message that their browser could not connect.

However, unhappy social media users who run small businesses on these platforms have however taken to other forums and social platforms such as Twitter to vent their frustrations.

Here are some of the reactions gathered by Naija News.

Abeos wrote; “First thought it was my network till I opened other websites.’

Thylord wrote; “I have lost millions of naira since this outage.”

busterr wrote; ‘It’s painful but the uselessness of airtel network is more painful. Airtel is a useless network. More useless than glo. God punish this stupid network.’

emmawiz wrote; ‘Not finding it funny, I taught my sub finished.’

rolams wrote; “It’s been a while I used facebook. WhatsApp is the only issue cos I can’t chat with my biz partners.”

“We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products, we’re working on it and we’ll get it fixed as soon as we can.”” Facebook spokesman Andy Stone said on Twitter.

 1,387 total views,  12 views today

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Leaking Someone’s Nudes Is A Criminal Offence, BBNaija Star, Angel Blasts Critics Behind Tiwa Savage’s Sex Video

Published

on

Former Big Brother Naija Shine Ya Eye finalist, Angel, has slammed critics who blamed singer Tiwa Savage over her alleged sex tape which recently surfaced online.

The reality TV star took to her Twitter page to call out critics, adding that the act of releasing the video was a criminal offense.

Last month, Tiwa Savage had revealed during an interview with American OAP, Angie Martinez of Power 105.1, that she was being blackmailed by an unknown person who threatened to release a sex tape that featured her and her current lover.

The Koroba singer revealed that the blackmailer demanded money from her so as not to release the sex tape but she has decided not to pay the money.

A few hours ago, a sex tape leaked online. While the face of the man involved in it did not show, the lady in the video bears a close resemblance with Tiwa Savage.

As the video has gone viral, social media users on several platforms have taken to their accounts to air their opinion on the situation, and some wasted no time in blaming the singer.

Responding to the critics, Angel said, “The problem will never be the fact that someone made a sex tape or that someone took a picture naked, the problem will always lie with the person that decided to leak it. Stop victim blaming.And leaking someone’s nudes is a criminal offense. I hope one of you becomes a scapegoat.”

 13 total views,  13 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

PDP Charges Nigerians On National Rebirth

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party has urged those behind mindless killings and terrorism in Nigeria to have a rethink and retrace their steps.

The party also charged those in authority to redouble their efforts in finding solutions to the challenges facing the country.

This was contained in a statement in which the party felicitated Nigerians as they celebrate this year’s Eid-el-Maulud which marks the birthday of the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

The statement titled, ‘Eid-el Maulud: PDP Felicitates with Nigerians, Urges National Rebirth,’ was signed by the PDP National Publicity, Secretary Kola Ologbondiyan.

It read, “The Peoples Democratic Party urges Nigerians to use the occasion of this year’s Eid-el Maulud for solemn introspection and make commitment towards a rebirth in all areas of national life.

“The party notes that Eid-el Maulud, the celebration of the birth of Holy Prophet Mohammed, presents a providential occasion for our nation to put behind, all issues that cause disunity, disaffection, strife and despondency and move to a new beginning by embracing the virtues of love for one another, tolerance, mutual understanding and forgiveness, in line with the teaching of the Holy Prophet.

“The PDP insists that such is the only way to move the nation forward under the present circumstance.

“Our party urges Nigerians to resist all forces that seek to disunite them for selfish reasons and continue to work together, especially in their determination to chart a new course for our dear nation on the platform of the PDP.

“The PDP also calls on Nigerians to use the occasion to make fervent supplication to God for divine intervention as well as show love by reaching out to one another, especially the less privileged and victims of escalated acts of terrorism in our country.

“The party also urges those behind the mindless killings and acts of terrorism in our country to have a rethink and retrace their steps, while charging those in authority to redouble their efforts in finding solutions to the challenges facing our nation at this critical time.

“The PDP felicitates with Nigerians and wishes them a happy Eid-el Maulud celebration.”

 155 total views,  155 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Man City Place £67m Price Tag On Sterling Amid Barca Interest

Published

on

Premier League champions Manchester City have reportedly placed an £67million price tag on Raheem Sterling amid interest from Barcelona.

The LaLiga giants are desperate to improve their forward line either in the January window or next summer and have placed Sterling on their shortlist of potential targets.

As reported by Sportsmail last week, Sterling wants to remain at Man City but will consider his future at the Premier League champions if he continues to struggle for consistent games.

No player has ever appeared in more matches managed by Pep Guardiola at Man City, yet the 26-year-old has started only two league games since the opening weekend of the season after the £100m summer signing of Jack Grealish.

“I’m not a person that’s going to complain, I’ve not tried to make it a bigger deal than it actually is,” Sterling said earlier this month.

“I get on with my work, do what I need to do. And I’m just raring to go: playing football matches regularly, scoring goals regularly.

“At the end of the day, if football for me is not at a certain standard I’m not really at my happiest. If I want my happiness at a certain level I need to be playing football. I need to be scoring goals and enjoying myself.”

Sterling has 18 months remaining on his current contract at Man City but has opted against opening discussions over an extension until his short-term future is resolved.

Now, according to Spanish newspaper Marca, City have told any club interested in signing Sterling that they will have to pay £67m to get a deal done.

Barcelona’s need for a new winger is exacerbated by Ousmane Dembele’s contract situation – his deal is set to expire at the end of the season. The club could look to move him on in January for a cut price to avoid losing their £135million signing on a free transfer.

Recent reports in Spain have linked Barcelona with an initial loan move for Sterling because their financial woes mean they could not afford to pay a huge fee for the former Liverpool star at present.

The club are in financial ruin due to their debt, which stands at more than £1billion, which contributed to LaLiga slashing their wage bill to a maximum of £90m – equivalent to that of Watford – last month.

 134 total views,  134 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending