Connect with us

World news

I’t’s Embarrassing But I Understand It”, Chris Cuomo Breaks Silence After Being Suspended By CNN Indefinitely

Published

on

Embattled CNN primetime host, Chris Cuomo has broken his silence after he was suspended indefinitely by the media company for providing support to his brother and former New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo amid sexual assault allegations.

Chris had admitted on air that he helped his brother as he battled the allegations, made by 12 women. Andrew, 63, resigned as governor of New York in August.

According to Chris, he is ’embarrassed’ after being suspended by the network.

Speaking publicly about his suspension for the first time on his SiriusXM radio show ‘Let’s Get After It, on Wednesday December 1, Cuomo said that he understands why people believe he violated journalism ethics.

‘Quick note about the obvious,’ Cuomo told his listeners at the top of the program. ‘I’ve been suspended from CNN.’

After asking his producer to ‘cut the music,’ he launched into a monologue addressing his professional woes.

‘You know this already. It hurts to even say it, it’s embarrassing, but I understand it and I understand why some people feel the way they do about what I did,’ he said at the top of the program.

‘I’ve apologized in the past and I mean it, it’s the last thing I ever wanted to do was compromise any of my colleagues and do anything but help.

‘I know they have a process that they think is important and I respect that process so I’m not going to talk about this anymore than that. So right now let’s get after it and there is plenty to do.’

Meanwhile, Fox News host, Tucker Carlson branded Chris Cuomo an illiterate ‘buffoon’ who couldn’t speak English after he was suspended by CNN but criticized the company for bowing to pressure.

Carlson, seemed excited about the demise of one of CNN’s biggest stars, he said;

‘Like most Americans, we never actually watched The Chris Cuomo Show – assuming that’s was its name,’ the 52-year-old said.

‘But we saw clips and it transfixed us.

‘How, we wondered, how could a man who could barely speak English wind up with a paying job on television?

‘Some kind of weird affirmative action program for the illiterate?

‘We never figured it out. It was remarkable to see it.

‘Sentence after badly mangled sentence, a bouillabaisse of incomprehensible grammar – we couldn’t understand any of it.

‘It was a kind of performance art: a communicator wholly unable to communicate.’

‘Chris Cuomo was a buffoon,’ Carlson said.

‘He was also, in the way that buffoons tend to be, incredibly self-righteous and false.’

Carlson called former New York Governor Andrew Cuomo ‘loathsome’, but said Chris was right to defend him.

‘Your most basic obligation is to the people you are related to,’ said Carlson.

‘When they need your help – no matter who they are, even if you’re the governor of a state, even if they are horrible people – you help them anyway because it’s your family.

‘Chris Cuomo may be an idiot – and he is – but he understands that.

‘What a thing to be fired for.’

Before his suspension, Cuomo had been CNN’s most-watched anchor, according to the latest Nielsen Media Research data but he’s still far behind his competitors at Fox News, including Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity .

In November, Cuomo Prime Time’s ratings dropped to an average of 774,000 viewers and 170,000 in the key 25-54 age demographic.

While Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight was averaging 3.6million viewers during the same time period, and MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show was pulling 1.9million viewers.

 666 total views,  3 views today

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

Sudan Revokes Licence Of Al Jazeera Live TV Unit

Published

on

Sudan has revoked the licence of Al Jazeera Mubasher, part of the Qatar-based network, accusing it of “unprofessional” TV coverage of anti-coup protests, the channel said Sunday.

“The Sudanese authorities announce they revoked the accreditation of Al Jazeera Mubasher and barred its team from working in Sudan,” tweeted the news channel.

Sudan has been gripped by political turmoil since top military leader General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan launched a coup on October 25.

The military power grab triggered mass protests by pro-democracy movements demanding civilian rule that has met with a deadly crackdown.

At least 64 protesters have been killed, according to pro-democracy medics, and a police officer has also lost his life.

Al Jazeera has given prominent coverage to the demonstrations and late last year also aired an interview with Burhan.

In November, days after the interview, it said that its Khartoum bureau chief Al-Musalami al-Kabbashi had been arrested at his home.

Kabbashi was released three days later with no official charges announced against him.

The editor-in-chief of the armed forces newspaper Ibrahim al-Hory later accused Kabbashi of publishing “false” information and of airing “old video footage… that instigated strife” in the country.

Burhan declared a state of emergency on October 25, ousted the government and detained the civilian leadership.

Prime Minister Abdulla Hamdok was placed under house arrest but later reinstated in a deal with the military.

Hamdok then resigned on January 2 warning that Sudan was at a dangerous crossroads threatening its very “survival”.

Burhan has insisted the military’s move “was not a coup” but a push to “rectify the course of the transition”.

 934 total views,  124 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Mali Ex-President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita Is Dead

Published

on

Mali’s former president Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, who led the West African country from 2013 until he was ousted in a coup in 2020, died at the age of 76 in the capital Bamako on Sunday, his family said.

“President IBK died this morning at 0900 GMT in his home” in Bamako, a family member told AFP using the ex-leader’s initials, with several other family members confirming his passing.


Details later…

 890 total views,  127 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Pig Heart Transplanted Into American Man In Breakthrough Surgery (See Photos)

Published

on

Surgeons at University of Maryland Medical Center have performed the first-of-its-kind procedure on a Maryland resident identified as David Bennett.

The 57-year-old man who was out of options, became the first successful recipient of a genetically-modified pig heart.

Bennett was diagnosed with a terminal heart disease and had been hospitalized and bedridden for several weeks after being “deemed ineligible” for a traditional heart transplant.

The patient said in a statement published by the University of Maryland Medical Center; “It was either die or do this transplant. I want to live. I know it’s a shot in the dark, but it’s my last choice.

Pig heart transplanted into American man in breakthrough surgery

“I look forward to getting out of bed after I recover.”

U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted emergency authorization for the surgery under its compassionate use provision on New Year’s Eve.

Researchers said the procedure required 10 unique gene edits to the pig heart in order to prevent the rejection of the organ once transplanted into the human body.

Pig heart transplanted into American man in breakthrough surgery

These edits included deleting four of the animal’s genes responsible for antibody-mediated rejection of pig organs by humans, as well as inserting six human genes into the genome for immune acceptance.

Dr. Bartley Griffith, who performed the surgery said in a statement; “This was a breakthrough surgery and brings us one step closer to solving the organ shortage crisis. There are simply not enough donor human hearts available to meet the long list of potential recipients.

“We are proceeding cautiously, but we are also optimistic that this first-in-the-world surgery will provide an important new option for patients in the future.”

Pig heart transplanted into American man in breakthrough surgery

Three days after the surgery, the university medical center said on Monday January 10 that Bennett is doing well and will continue to be monitored in the coming weeks to ensure the organ isn’t rejected.

He is still connected to a heart-lung bypass machine, but the new heart is functioning and taking on a majority of the work for his body, the surgeons told The New York Times.

Bennett could be taken off the bypass machine as early as Tuesday January 11, if all goes well, his doctors said.

 12,350 total views,  127 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending