Connect with us

Sports

‘Level At Tottenham Hotspur Not High’, Conte Admits

Published

on

Antonio Conte says the level at Tottenham Hotspur is not so high and he now understands the size of the job on his hands after they suffered a humiliating Europa Conference League defeat at NS Mura.

Conte watched on as his 10-man side were beaten 2-1 by the Slovenian minnows – the lowest-ranked team in the Europa Conference League who had lost all four of their previous games.

Spurs went down to Amadej Marosa’s stoppage-time goal after Harry Kane had earlier cancelled out Tomi Horvat’s shock opener.

Conte, who was appointed to replace Nuno Espirito Santo three weeks ago, has been tasked with taking Tottenham back to the top table of English football.

“After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation. It is not simple,” he said. “At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.

“I must be honest and tell you that after three-and-a-half weeks, I am starting to understand the situation. I can tell you that the situation is not simple. It is not simple because in this moment for sure the level of Tottenham is not so high.

“There is an important gap to the top teams in England. Of this we must not be scared. I am here to work, here to improve the situation. I know that in this moment we need to have patience, time and I am here because I know there are problems to solve.

“After three-and-a-half weeks, I am happy to stay here but at the same time I must be honest and tell you we need to work a lot to improve the quality of the [current] squad. We are Tottenham and Tottenham in this moment, there is an important gap.

“If someone thinks that a new coach arrives and Conte won in the past and then I am a magician. But the only magic I can do is to work. To bring work and work to improve, to bring my methods, my ideas of football. But we have to understand that we need time.

“I want to be honest that we need to work a lot to improve the situation. We need time and patience. I don’t know what happens in the future but I am here because I am happy to stay here, to work for Tottenham.”

 159 total views,  3 views today

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

AFCON 2021: Africa Should Be Proud Of Comoros, Says Drogba

Published

on

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, has identified Comoros as the team Africa is proud of at the ongoing 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Cameroon.

Drogba said this after Comoros was eliminated from the 2021 AFCON on Monday night.

Recall that Comoros was knocked out of the 2021 AFCON round of 16 tie against host nation Cameroon.

Debutants Comoros fought hard against Cameroon despite receiving a red card during the match.

However, they lost 2-1 against Cameroon.

“Waaah!!! What a team, what COURAGE, Africa is proud of this brave Comorian team @fedcomfootball,” Drogba tweeted.

Comoros had qualified for the AFCON round of 16 after beating Ghana 3-2 in their final group C match, sending the Black Stars back home.

 165 total views,  165 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Super Eagles Must Concentrate On Beating Ghana For 2022 World Cup Ticket, Says Chukwu

Published

on

Former Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Christian Chukwu, has urged the Super Eagles to move on with future national assignments after crashing out of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).

Chukwu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Tuesday that the Super Eagles should put the AFCON competition behind them and focus on qualification for the World Cup in Qatar.

“It is clear that our AFCON trophy chase is over. Let us come home, take stock and plan for our world cup qualifying encounter with Ghana.

“Judging from my personal experience as a player and coach, the boys brought in their best and did their best in the AFCON competition.

“They fought gallantly in each match they played.

“I am not happy with the red card given to Iwobi in the last match played by the Super Eagles as it should be a mere warning. He did not deserve a card at all,” he said.

 196 total views,  196 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Anthony Joshua Denies Claims He’s Accepted Cash To Allow Tyson Fury Vs Oleksandr Usyk Title Fight

Published

on

Former British world champion Joshua vouched for a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk after losing the WBA, IBF, and WBO heavyweight belts to the Ukrainian in September 2021.

However, new report reveals Joshua was set to accept a £15m deal to step aside and allow Usyk to fight WBC champion Fury instead for all the belts.

Responding to the speculation, Joshua said on the Undefeated Podcast: ‘You know what’s bad about all these interviews I see? I see interviews that quote what I said, I think to myself, I ain’t done no interviews.

‘Where did this person get this information from? I see people saying “AJ accepts £15m to step aside.”

‘I ain’t signed no contract, I ain’t seen no contract. As it stands, stop listening to the b*t until it comes from me.

‘I’m the man in control of my destiny. I’m the man who handles my business. I’m a smart individual and I make calculated decisions every step of the way.

‘Don’t listen to the bt from other sources. If I tell you something then you know it’s real.’

 443 total views,  443 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending