Connect with us

Sports

Man City Make £40m Bid For Atletico Madrid Defender, Gimenez

Published

on

Manchester City have had an offer of €89m rejected by Atletico Madrid for defender Jose Gimenez.

Pep Guardiola has identified his defence as an area for improvement in this transfer window and has already signed Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for a reported fee of £40m.

However, he wants more reinforcements in the backline, with a world-class starting defender on his wishlist to reportedly play alongside Aymeric Laporte.

Throughout the off-season, Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly has been the player most frequently linked with plugging the hole in City’s defence, but the Serie A side’s asking price combined with the player’s age have led to Guardiola looking elsewhere.

Gimenez is the latest player City have targeted, and, according to AS, they have already had two bids turned down for the Uruguayan.

Last week, a €70m offer was rejected, with a subsequently increased offer of €89m also turned down by Atletico Madrid.

The latest negotiation from City included a number of performance-based bonuses, but Atletico are adamant that if Gimenez is to leave the club it will be after his €120m release clause is triggered.

AS reports that Gimenez is not pushing for the move, but will be happy to speak to City should Atletico agree on a fee.

Last season, Man City and Atletico found themselves in a similar stalemate surrounding the transfer of Rodri, which was eventually broken after his €70m release clause was triggered.

 259 total views,  3 views today

Sports

My Action Was Ugly Against Crystal Palace – Nunez

Published

on

Liverpool striker, Darwin Nunez has broken the silence after he was sent off in Liverpool’s 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace on Monday.


The Uruguayan apologised for his headbutt on Crystal Palace defender, Joachim Andersen.

He admitted it was a bad attitude from him and promised such would never happen again.

Nunez said he will ‘learn from his mistake’ after the 23-year-old lost his cool and attacked Andersen and got a straight red card.

Liverpool still managed to draw the game after Luis Diaz cancelled out Wilfried Zaha’s opener.

“I am aware of the ugly attitude I had. I’m here to learn from my mistakes and it won’t happen again,” Nunez tweeted.


The South American added in another tweet, “Apologies to Liverpool all. I’ll be back.”

A red card for violent conduct is expected to earn Nunez a three-match suspension.

 104 total views,  104 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

I’m Willing To Buy Man United From Glazer’s Family, Say Elon Musk

Published

on

Billionaire Elon Musk has said that he is buying Premier League giants, Manchester United.

Musk, who was in the midst of a political ideology discussion, ended up tweeting that he is buying the struggling club.

He wrote, “Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome”.

Musk is worth around $260 billion, meaning that he could easily afford buying the Old Trafford outfit.

The Red Devils’ fans are no longer comfortable with the current club’s owners, the Glazer family and have been protesting, asking them to go.

Manchester United are languishing at the bottom of the Premier League table after two embarrassing defeats from their two opening games.

The club had a market capitalization of over $2 billion dollars as of this Tuesday’s stock market, according to Reuters.

Also as of May, Forbes had Manchester United valued at around $4.6 billion dollars, with a revenue of over $633 million in the last year.

The Red Devils would hope to bounce back to winning ways when they face Liverpool in the Premier League on Monday.

 120 total views,  120 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

I Won’t Set Any Goal Target In Serie A, Says Osimhen

Published

on

Victor Osimhen has stated that his main target is to help Napoli do well this season and is not interested in personal glory.

The forward opened his goal account for the new campaign in Napoli’s 5-2 win at Verona on Monday night.

The 23-year-old was Napoli’s top scorer in Serie A last season netting 14 times in 27 league appearances.

Reflecting on the win at the Stadio Marc’ Antonio Bentegodi, the Nigerian stated that he does not care how many goals he will score this season.


“I’m really happy, it was important to start well. Spalletti trusts me and we are on good terms,” Osimhen told DAZN.

“I am not the kind of player who sets a target for goals. I want to help the team by scoring, the team comes first.”

 631 total views,  439 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending