Connect with us

Headline

Manchester United Reach Deal With Ralf Rangnick Over Managerial Position

Published

on

Manchester United have reached an agreement with Ralf Rangnick to take over as new interim manager.

Rangnick will be taking over from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who was relieved of his position following a humbling 4-1 defeat by Watford, at Vicarage Road, with the club being in an unfamiliar eighth position in the league table.

The German had been part of a short-list of experienced managers inclusive of (current PSG manager) Mauricio Pochettino, (former Barcelona coach) Ernesto Valverde. Rudi Garcia, Lucien Favre, marked to take over at Carrington Road.

An agreement has been said to be reached with Rangnick, which will see him take up the interim role and remain at the club for two years beyond the end of the season on a consultancy basis.

Despite this deal, Michael Carrick is still expected to be in charge for Sunday’s Premier League clash against in-form Chelsea.

Carrick has been placed on a temporary charge of United after the axing of the Norwegian legend.

Lokomotiv Moscow are yet to dissolve Rangnick’s contract, although the English giants are understood to not see this as a hindrance to landing the former  R.B Leipzig boss.

Rangnick has been touted as the “Godfather of German football, “where he helped to shape the forward defending style commonly employed by Jurgen Klopp’s men, Liverpool; whereby the team, after losing possession, immediately attempts to win back possession.

 1,736 total views,  6 views today

Advertisement

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headline

Real Madrid Beat Frankfurt 2-0, Clinch UEFA Super Cup

Published

on

Real Madrid have claimed this season’s UEFA Super Cup after overcoming Frankfurt 2-0 on Wednesday.


Details later…

 850 total views,  622 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

I Never Demanded N50bn Monthly From Ambode, Tinubu Reacts As He Warns Peter Obi’s Supporters Against Promoting Fake News

Published

on

…Says Lies, Misinformation Won’t Take Ex-Anambra Gov Anywhere

The presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has debunked reports circulating in the social media alleging that he demanded N50 billion monthly from the former Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode during his administration.

Recall that Ambode who emerged governor of the state in 2025, had only four years in office as his attempt to secure a second tenure failed after he lost the APC primary election in 2018.

A report recently emerged online alleging that part of his inability to secure the APC governorship ticket in 2018 was his refusal to remit the said amount to Asiawaju.

Debunking the report, a statement by the Director, Media and Communications for Tinubu Campaign Organisation(TCO), Bayo Onanuga said Tinubu could not have made such a demand.

“A content analysis of the site clearly showed that it is a Biafra news platform. The fake news was reposted on Facebook by the Peter Obi Support Group, the same day – clear proof that Biafra campaigners and Peter Obi supporters are the same.

“Both the Facebook account and the website are replete with fake stories about Bola Tinubu, including a fake story credited to former governor Akinwunmi Ambode, alleging that Tinubu demanded N50 billion monthly payment from him.

“The spuriousness of the statement is in the evidence that Lagos did not begin to clock N50 billion revenue until after Ambode left office. Tinubu could not have demanded N50 billion monthly payment from Ambode when the state government didn’t make such in a month throughout the tenure of Ambode.

“There is also the most wicked of all headlines: ‘When I become president, I will build more prison (sic) for Igbo’s and IPOB members – Tinubu’.

“The big surprise in all of these is that all the headlines have no supporting stories, and clicking them may bring a virus to your computer.

“We have come to a point where it becomes imperative to tell Mr Obi to show leadership and disavow his supporters who are employing fake news and disinformation as deliberate tools to deceive and poison the minds of unsuspecting Nigerians,” Onanuga reiterated.

The statement revealed that the site where some of the fake news emanated from has been identified as World of News with URL as world news.

According to Onanuga, “A content analysis of the site clearly showed that it is a Biafra news platform”.

He also stated that Nigeria will be better for it and the electoral process enriched if the 2023 presidential campaign sticks to issues of good governance that will lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty rather than being dominated by the ravings of guttersnipes, who do not wish the country well.

 1,406 total views,  600 views today

Continue Reading

Headline

Police Dare Army Over Lagos Clash, Accuse Soldiers Of Abduction

Published

on

The Lagos State Police Command has dared 81 Division of the Nigerian Army to show a proof that any soldier was shot during a clash between some cops and army personnel last week.

Daily Trust had reported how Inspector Monday Orukpe attached to Ojo Division of Lagos Police Command was beaten to death by aggrieved soldiers last week.

The officer and his colleagues were attacked by soldiers while controlling traffic on the Trade Fair section of the ever-busy Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

The soldiers, who were reportedly returning from a course, got infuriated when traffic on their lane was stopped to allow other road users easy passage.

An eyewitness, Sule Abiodun, said the soldiers jumped down from their vehicle, grabbed the policemen and hauled them into their vehicle before zooming off.

The incident had created tension in the state, but an army delegation led by Brigadier-General KN Nwoko paid a condolence visit to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Abiodun Ablabi, last week.

However, on Wednesday, Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Benjamin Hundeyin, issued a statement in which he accused the army of attempting to twist what transpired.

He said in as much as the Lagos State Police Command was in a grieving mood and had decided to toe the line of civility, it would not accept misinformation.

He said, “The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to a report credited to Major General Umar Musa, outgoing GOC 81 Division, claiming that a ‘police officer shot at the soldier during the altercation which clipped him in the ear but narrowly missed his vital parts.’

“The fact remains that on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, at the Trade Fair area of Lagos State, about thirty Privates of the Nigerian Army attacked five policemen for stopping vehicles along their lane to pave way for a heavy duty truck joining the expressway. After the soldiers had brutalized the ASP leading the team, taken out his magazine, and abducted two Inspectors with their rifles, the next Inspector they attempted to attack fired a single shot into the air – an act that made the soldiers retreat.

“The single shot was into the air. At no point was anyone hit. The Lagos State Police Command challenges the Army authorities to present the soldier allegedly shot. While we mourn our fallen hero, and pray for the total recovery of the second abducted Inspector, we urge Nigerians to disregard the claim that a soldier was shot as there is absolutely no truth to it.”

Hundeyin added that the Lagos Police Command was awaiting the report of the panel of inquiry set up by the Nigerian Army to investigate the immediate and remote cause of the incident.

The PPRO also asked the army to fish out the soldiers behind the torture and murder of the deceased officer, and return “the two AK47 rifles and three magazines carted away by the soldiers”.

 1,547 total views,  807 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending