Connect with us

Sports

‘Messi, Ronaldo Ahead Of Me In Terms Of Trophies Not Abilities’ – Ibrahimovic Claims

Published

on

AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claims he is “the best player in the world” – insisting Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are ahead of him in terms of silverware but not ability.

Messi and Ronaldo who are widely regarded as the best on the planet have carved up 11 of the last 12 Ballon d’Or awards between them, with the Argentine leading on six while his Portuguese counterpart is one behind him.

Ibrahimovic has never won the prize, despite having been nominated 11 times – but says: “If anything it’s the Ballon d’Or that is missing me.”

The Swede believes he is the best in the world, saying he has just as much quality as Ronaldo or Messi.
Zenith Ziva

“If we are talking about intrinsic quality, then they have nothing more than me,” Ibrahimovic told a press conference, cited by Football Italia.

“If we consider trophies, then yes, I didn’t win the Champions League.”

Asked about the Ballon d’Or, Ibrahimovic said: “I don’t know what criteria they use to decide who gets the award, because I am not obsessed with it.

“When a collective works, the individual inevitably benefits from that. An individual cannot do well if the team isn’t solid.

“Deep down, I do think that I am the best in the world.”

Ibrahimovic is set to make his first appearance of the season for AC Milan against Lazio on Sunday, having recovered from a knee injury which kept him out of Euro 2020.

He turns 40 next month but is still going strong, and signed a new contract earlier this year which will keep him at San Siro until the end of the current season.

 66 total views,  3 views today

Sports

Chelsea’s Kovacic Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Injury Return

Published

on

Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic has tested positive for coronavirus just a day after returning to training, manager Thomas Tuchel announced on Tuesday.

The 27-year-old had been out of action since late October and Tuchel had hoped to ease him back into action this week.

N’Golo Kante remains sidelined with a knee issue, while Jorginho has been forced to play through the pain of a back problem and will now miss Wednesday’s Champions League trip to Zenit Saint Petersburg, leaving Tuchel short of defensive midfielders.

“We have bad news because Mateo was in training yesterday and with a big smile and it was a pure pleasure to have him back,” said Tuchel.

“But he tested positive today, for coronavirus, so he’s quarantining for a few days. So it’s a huge setback for him personally and for all of us.”

Chelsea have already qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League and will be confirmed as winners of Group H if they equal or better Juventus’s result against Malmo this week.

 422 total views,  233 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

Anthony Joshua Could Accept £40m To Step Aside For Fury vs Usyk

Published

on

Anthony Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has hinted the boxer would be willing to step aside and allow Tyson Fury to face Oleksandr Usyk for £40million.

Joshua was beaten conclusively by Usyk in September and lost his unified heavyweight titles via unanimous decision.

He has since triggered a rematch clause and is scheduled to fight Ukrainian in March or April next year.

However, there has been speculation that Joshua will instead accept an offer to step aside for a potential bout between Usyk and Fury, which would crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion in over two decades.

Fury, who retained his WBC title by knocking out Deontay Wilder, was on the verge of agreeing to face Dillian Whyte in his next bout, but the WBC refused to name him as the Gypsy King’s mandatory challenger.

He has therefore turned his attention to an undisputed battle with Usyk.

Hearn has now suggested a price that will see Joshua step aside.

He told Boxing King Media: “Seven figures? A million? If you want to get him not to fight Oleksandr Usyk you have to times that by 40…

“At the moment there is communication between the two teams to say is it something, and the answer is AJ has not been spoken about this yet.

“I’ll deal with it and when I feel there’s an opportunity for Anthony and 258 (Management) we’ll sit down with them and present it to them but I won’t do that until it’s the right opportunity.

“If there’s a route and an offer and it makes sense then we’ll see but right now, it’s just conversations between the camps.”

 425 total views,  233 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

Champions League: Ansu Fati Out of Barcelona Squad For Bayern Munich Clash

Published

on

Ansu Fati is out of Barcelona’s travelling squad for their Champions League clash at Bayern Munich.

Barcelona announced their squad ahead of the match with Bayern and Blaugrana coach Xavi has called up Ilias Akhomach instead, as the club stand on the brink of Champions League elimination.

Xavi will also be without Martin Braithwaite, Pedri, Sergi Roberto and Kun Aguero, while Ansu hasn’t recovered from the muscle issue in his left leg to make the squad. Neither the club or player wanted to risk a potential relapse.

With Bayern through as group winners, Barcelona currently sit second, two points ahead of Benfica who face Dynamo Kiev, and should the Blaugrana lose or draw then a win for the Portuguese side would see them advance to the knockout stages.

Barcelona depart for Germany on Tuesday ahead of the game against Bayern at the Allianz Arena knowing that only a win will definitely mean qualification to the Champions League knockout stages.

 487 total views,  229 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending