Connect with us

Sports

Nigerians Blast Sports Minister, Dare Over Olympics Statement

Published

on

Dare

Nigerians on social media have condemned the comments of the Sports Minister, Sunday Dare that the country should be proud of winning two medals and finishing 74th in the world.

Recall that Dare in a statement issued on Monday said that Nigerians should be proud of Team Nigeria and the effort they made given the impressive performance of our team and the good spirit with which they performed.

He also stated that their performances were inspiring and affirmed that the medal outcome at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics stands as Nigeria’s best result in the last 13 years.

However, his comments have generated uproar from Nigerians as they insisted that the Sports Minister has failed in his point of duty and should resign.

sandy_nene No shame.. when you can do better!! The country that’s 1st, they have two heads abi *in my mom’s voice** 😂😂😂

2_kids_for_a_better_life And how many Olympics have we had in 13 years?
2h2 likesReply

afiyoj Minister shame no dey catch u I don’t know how these guys thinks

olupofficial Reward for mediocrity by the Buhari administration once again. He did not delve into how our athletes were disqualified from different sporting events due to poor sports management and in house fighting between the athletes federation and the sports ministry.
3h3 likesReply

funmi5ive Congratulations to the beautiful ladies more grace in Jesus name😍🙌

iam_abelson Thank God for Buhari. This is a great achievement. At least, this has brought maximum security to the country, good road network and 22 hours power supply. Sai Baba!!

johngoalgetter But Sydney was in 2000.

meshachblaq77 Am ashamed of you sports minister, worst sports minister in Nigeria history.

drcruize I give up 😢

 

 347 total views,  3 views today

Sports

My Action Was Ugly Against Crystal Palace – Nunez

Published

on

Liverpool striker, Darwin Nunez has broken the silence after he was sent off in Liverpool’s 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace on Monday.


The Uruguayan apologised for his headbutt on Crystal Palace defender, Joachim Andersen.

He admitted it was a bad attitude from him and promised such would never happen again.

Nunez said he will ‘learn from his mistake’ after the 23-year-old lost his cool and attacked Andersen and got a straight red card.

Liverpool still managed to draw the game after Luis Diaz cancelled out Wilfried Zaha’s opener.

“I am aware of the ugly attitude I had. I’m here to learn from my mistakes and it won’t happen again,” Nunez tweeted.


The South American added in another tweet, “Apologies to Liverpool all. I’ll be back.”

A red card for violent conduct is expected to earn Nunez a three-match suspension.

 71 total views,  71 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

I’m Willing To Buy Man United From Glazer’s Family, Say Elon Musk

Published

on

Billionaire Elon Musk has said that he is buying Premier League giants, Manchester United.

Musk, who was in the midst of a political ideology discussion, ended up tweeting that he is buying the struggling club.

He wrote, “Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome”.

Musk is worth around $260 billion, meaning that he could easily afford buying the Old Trafford outfit.

The Red Devils’ fans are no longer comfortable with the current club’s owners, the Glazer family and have been protesting, asking them to go.

Manchester United are languishing at the bottom of the Premier League table after two embarrassing defeats from their two opening games.

The club had a market capitalization of over $2 billion dollars as of this Tuesday’s stock market, according to Reuters.

Also as of May, Forbes had Manchester United valued at around $4.6 billion dollars, with a revenue of over $633 million in the last year.

The Red Devils would hope to bounce back to winning ways when they face Liverpool in the Premier League on Monday.

 85 total views,  85 views today

Continue Reading

Sports

I Won’t Set Any Goal Target In Serie A, Says Osimhen

Published

on

Victor Osimhen has stated that his main target is to help Napoli do well this season and is not interested in personal glory.

The forward opened his goal account for the new campaign in Napoli’s 5-2 win at Verona on Monday night.

The 23-year-old was Napoli’s top scorer in Serie A last season netting 14 times in 27 league appearances.

Reflecting on the win at the Stadio Marc’ Antonio Bentegodi, the Nigerian stated that he does not care how many goals he will score this season.


“I’m really happy, it was important to start well. Spalletti trusts me and we are on good terms,” Osimhen told DAZN.

“I am not the kind of player who sets a target for goals. I want to help the team by scoring, the team comes first.”

 600 total views,  408 views today

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending