The Lagos State Police Command has condemned the inhumane act levelled against some individuals arrested during the protest at the Lekki tollgate area of the state on Saturday.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said in a statement on Sunday that the office-in-charge of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba, DCP Adegoke Fayoade, had been ordered to analyse a trending video showing the arrested suspects being subjected to dehumanising conditions.
He stated that the persons responsible for the act would be brought to book.
Adejobi said, “The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to a viral video where some arrested “Endsars protesters” were being molested in a bus by some individuals after their arrest.
“The state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, who was piqued by this unprofessional and inhuman act, has ordered the Deputy Commissioner of Police, State CID, Panti, DCP Adegoke Fayoade, to analyse the video and bring to book whoever that must have been responsible for the act.
“CP Hakeem Odumosu reiterates that, inasmuch as the command is resolute in enforcing all laws in the state, it will not deviate from the Standard Operating Procedure of the Nigeria Police Force and provisions of the law in discharging its duties; noting that the command will fish out those responsible for the molestation and ensure they are punished for thier unprofessional conduct.
“He further urged Lagosians to be law-abiding and maintain peace at all times as the police and other security agencies will not allow any violence and break down of law and order in any part of the state.”
95 total views, 3 views today
Again, Tinubu Returns To London Weeks After Declaring Presidential Ambition
Former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has reportedly departed Nigeria for London, the United Kingdom (UK).
Details about the trip are still sketchy but Arise TV reports that Tinubu returned to the British capital to rest and run medical checkups after months of consultations with prominent Nigerians about his presidential bid.
Recall that Tinubu returned to the country from London on October 9, 2021 after about three months of medical vacation.
During his previous visit, Tinubu was said to have undergone a knee surgery which his media office said went successful “without complication” and that he “contemplates none in the future.”
Tinubu formally confirmed that he would be running for president On January 10, 2022, shortly after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House.
“I have informed the President of my ambition but I have not informed Nigerians yet, I am still consulting. And I have no problem consulting. And I’ve not set a parameter of limitation to the extent of how many people I will consult.
“You will soon hear. All you want to hear is the categorical declaration. You’ve gotten that truth from me that I have informed Mr President of my ambition, and you don’t expect more answers than that”, he had said.
458 total views, 458 views today
Sanwo-Olu Nurses Second Term Ambition As Gov
…Reveals Plans For Lagosians
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday said the people of the state are aware of what they will miss if his administration is denied a second term.
Although he did not expressly state if he will seek re-election in 2023, the governor believes it is left for the people to decide if his administration deserves another term or not.
“I think we are doing a very good job,” the governor rated his administration during his appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily. “If I dare say so, I think that the citizens know what it is they will be missing if they don’t let us continue to wrap up all the things we are doing.”
He added, “As we speak, we have done about two-thirds of our time – about 65.7 per cent, because we count it every day. The field is not open yet; the race has not been declared open yet. But for me, it is about ensuring that these four years that I have promised my citizens, I put every bit of my sweat into it.
“I will ask, I will consult; citizens, how do you see it? …. that’s how you get it down. Keep your focus on, try and finish very strong. You know when it is time for us to do all the politicking, we will do it.”
Governor Sanwo-Olu also spoke about the efforts being made by his administration to address the gridlock on Lagos roads.
Following the purchase of two new sets of 10 cars Talgo 330kmph trains for its red line rail project, he revealed that the coaches would be on track by the fourth quarter of the year.
According to the governor, the terminal stations will be ready by the set target but transporting passengers may commence next year.
He attributed the possible delay to proper testing of the trains and training of workers, to ensure the safety of passengers.
752 total views, 752 views today
Ekiti PDP Primary: You’ve Earned My Respect, Fayose Tells Makinde
Former Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, has hailed Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, over Wednesday’s primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.
The Ekiti State governorship primary election produced Bisi Kolawole as party’s flagbearer for the June 18 poll.
Fayose thanked PDP aspirants, members and supporters for their conduct during the exercise.
In a statement by spokesperson, Lere Olayinka, Fayose said the Oyo helmsman proved to be “a man of his words and he deserved to be appreciated.”
“By ensuring a level playing ground before and during the primary election, Governor Makinde has further earned my respect”, he noted.
Fayose urged him to support Ekiti PDP to win the election so that his position as the only governor in the South-West “will be further strengthened”.
The politician further commended former governor, Segun Oni “for his exemplary display of the spirit of sportsmanship”.
He advised that whatever happened before and during the primary be allowed to slide as no group can win an election alone.
“All stakeholders should be rest assured of their rightful place in the new arrangement,” Fayose said
403 total views, 403 views today
- Actress Lisa Opens Up On Going Nude In Movies
- Senator Teslim Folarin’s Wife Is Dead
- Bayern Munich Remain My Toughest Opponent, Says Haaland
- Alleged N544m Contract Scam: Again, High Court Rejects EFCC’s Exhibit Against Ex-SGF, Lawal
- Lagos Announces Partial Closure Of Yaba Road, Reveals Diversion Routes
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment5 months ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline7 months ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Entertainment5 months ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
World news3 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)
News3 years ago
Popular Lagos Pastor In Sex Scandal
Headline8 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: Lagos LG Polls: How Tinubu Prevailed On Aggrieved Aspirants To Drop Ambition, Pacify Supporters
Headline8 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: LG Election: Crisis Rocks APC In Epe As Party Leaders Accuse Lagos Deputy Gov Of Imposing Three Candidates