Ogun State government, on Wednesday, raised a red flag to thousands of motorcyclists from Lagos State, saying the state is not ready to accommodate any of them in its transportation plan.
It noted that while the state is always ready to partner with investors to strengthen its industrial hub, activities of commercial motorcyclists could be counter-productive.
Remmy Hazzan, who is the Special Adviser on Public Communications to Governor Dapo Abiodun, in a press statement issued and made available to newsmen, said Ogun State does not have the capacity to cope with the level of security challenges such influx of commercial motorcyclists coming from Lagos could pose.
He added that deploying motorcycles for commercial operations was not in the schedule of the National Transportation policy of the state.
Hazzan explained that the doors of business opportunities in the state only open to genuine businessmen and foreign investors, who are to take advantage of the proximity of the state to the nation’s commercial nerve centre of Lagos.
According to the statement: “Governor Dapo Abiodun, since his assumption of office on May 29. 2019, has put in place, measures to create a conducive environment for businesses.
“As the state with the largest industrial base, Ogun State will continue to welcome more investors. The present administration, in its determination to further enhance the status of the state as the most industrialised, has put in place policies that would attract more businesses home and abroad.
“Governor Dapo Abiodun has been meeting with potential investors in the country and even travelled abroad in his efforts to attract more investors into the state.”
The statement further stated that the present administration in the state was desirous of providing gainful employment for her teeming citizens, with emphasis on agriculture.
It appealed to the people of the state to go about their normal businesses, promising that efforts had been made to prevent any security breach.
335 total views, 3 views today
Osun APC Crisis: We’re Ready For Reconciliation, Says Aregbesola Camp
Members of the All Progressives Congress in Osun State loyal to the Minister of Interior, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, have said they are ready for reconciliation to end the crisis rocking the party in the state.
APC lost the recently concluded governorship election in the state to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), a defeat many attributed to the internal crisis rocking the party in the state.
The PDP governorship candidate, Ademola Adeleke scored 403,371 votes to defeat the APC candidate, Governor Adegboyega Oyetola, who polled 375,027 votes.
The factional Chairman of the party, Alhaji Rasaq Salinsile, said Aregbesola met the National Chairman of the party, Abdullahi Adamu, for reconciliation before the July 16 election but Oyetola delayed it untill the party lost the election.
He said Aregbesola’s supporters under the auspices of The Osun Progressives (TOP) voted for Oyetola in the election as against the claim that they aided Adeleke’s victory.
Salinsile said Oyetola and the party chairman in the state, Prince Gboyega Famodun, cheaply delivered victory to the PDP in the July 16 governorship election.
According to Salinsile, Oyetola and Famodun’s responsiveness and impunity on party issues led to total collapse of the APC’s winning structures and the eventual loss of the poll.
He said, “Let me quickly note that they are up at harms to finish Osun APC with an instruction to ward chairmen to start suspension of members of TOP from the APC
“Towards 2022 election, the party got divided into two with the former and incumbent governors leading the two caucuses. Famodun felt so comfortable to side with one of them and make the enemy of the other because of lucre-immediate gain.
“Then we went to the election and lost scandalously, even in our traditional safe constituencies and he started looking for a scapegoat. Famodun is to be told that he is an original failure.
“The TOP which Famodun is trying to blame had offered to help him in resolving the matters that is affecting the party but his penchant for avarice, greed and corruption will not allow him to see reason.
“May we ask Famodun, is it the TOP leaders and members who he described as rebels, insignificant, not popular at home, not core politicians, etc that suddenly, in his warped thinking, become strong enough to win an election against him and his almighty government?
“It is only a warped and a heretical thinking that has brought Famodun to that inebriated conclusion. Was it TOP that made Famodun and other cabinet members lose in their various wards and local governments?
“We take Boluwaduro local government for particular example, with very small voters registration but with Famodun, three cabinet members and head of a powerful agency in town, the APC lost. Could that be the work of TOP? For those who operate a bad system, they will never see anything wrong in it until it crashes.
“Putting a lie to Famodun’s allegation are tones of abuses and curses that are placed on the leadership of Governor Oyetola and kitchen cabinet by members of the Ileri-Oluwa camp who felt let down by the outcome of the election and the flippant manners their advice to resolve the obvious crisis in the party were treated.
“The contents of those voice notes should be more than enough for modest and reasonable person to bury their heads in shame.”
Salinsile said both Oyetola and Famodun are responsible for the defeat suffered by the APC in the governorship election.
“The duo of Governor Oyetola and Prince Famodun have definitely fulfilled their wishful mission to bring APC down in Osun.
“The National Secretariat has a duty not to wait any longer. The wall of Jericho has fallen with Famodun’s confession and Osun APC should undergo immediate re-organisation, rebooting, re-energising for greater future performances,” said Salinsile.
But Famodun said Aregbesola and his supporters lacked moral ground to still consider themselves as APC members.
He added that committees had been set up at ward level to investigate their action and discipline them accordingly.
He lamented that Aregbesola and his supporters scuttled the chance of APC in the election because of their anti-party activities, saying that they worked for PDP candidate against Oyetola.
800 total views, 500 views today
Police Dare Army Over Lagos Clash, Accuse Soldiers Of Abduction
The Lagos State Police Command has dared 81 Division of the Nigerian Army to show a proof that any soldier was shot during a clash between some cops and army personnel last week.
Daily Trust had reported how Inspector Monday Orukpe attached to Ojo Division of Lagos Police Command was beaten to death by aggrieved soldiers last week.
The officer and his colleagues were attacked by soldiers while controlling traffic on the Trade Fair section of the ever-busy Lagos-Badagry Expressway.
The soldiers, who were reportedly returning from a course, got infuriated when traffic on their lane was stopped to allow other road users easy passage.
An eyewitness, Sule Abiodun, said the soldiers jumped down from their vehicle, grabbed the policemen and hauled them into their vehicle before zooming off.
The incident had created tension in the state, but an army delegation led by Brigadier-General KN Nwoko paid a condolence visit to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Abiodun Ablabi, last week.
However, on Wednesday, Police Public Relations Officer in the State, Benjamin Hundeyin, issued a statement in which he accused the army of attempting to twist what transpired.
He said in as much as the Lagos State Police Command was in a grieving mood and had decided to toe the line of civility, it would not accept misinformation.
He said, “The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to a report credited to Major General Umar Musa, outgoing GOC 81 Division, claiming that a ‘police officer shot at the soldier during the altercation which clipped him in the ear but narrowly missed his vital parts.’
“The fact remains that on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, at the Trade Fair area of Lagos State, about thirty Privates of the Nigerian Army attacked five policemen for stopping vehicles along their lane to pave way for a heavy duty truck joining the expressway. After the soldiers had brutalized the ASP leading the team, taken out his magazine, and abducted two Inspectors with their rifles, the next Inspector they attempted to attack fired a single shot into the air – an act that made the soldiers retreat.
“The single shot was into the air. At no point was anyone hit. The Lagos State Police Command challenges the Army authorities to present the soldier allegedly shot. While we mourn our fallen hero, and pray for the total recovery of the second abducted Inspector, we urge Nigerians to disregard the claim that a soldier was shot as there is absolutely no truth to it.”
Hundeyin added that the Lagos Police Command was awaiting the report of the panel of inquiry set up by the Nigerian Army to investigate the immediate and remote cause of the incident.
The PPRO also asked the army to fish out the soldiers behind the torture and murder of the deceased officer, and return “the two AK47 rifles and three magazines carted away by the soldiers”.
1,564 total views, 824 views today
Account for N300bn Accruals To Kwara In Three Years, PDP Tasks Gov AbdulRazaq
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara State has challenged Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq to account for the over N300 billion accruals to the state since his assumption of office.
But, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Communications, Bashir Adigun, accused PDP and other opposition politicians of desperate attempts to smear the image of the governor by using falsehoods of various kinds, including doctored documents, unverified claims, fake videos and other disinformation to mislead the public.
Speaking at a press conference in Ilorin Wednesday, the state chairman of the PDP, Hon. Babatunde Muhammed, said: “These accruals include N200 billion Federal Account Allocations Committee (FAAC) allocations; N14.2 billion Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) funds; N70 billion internally generated revenue (IGR) from the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service (KWIRS); N30 billion loan from the Capital Market and N18.2 billion budget support loan facility from federal government.
“Others are N11.6 billion grant from the World Bank under its Fiscal State Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability Fund (FSTAS) and N6 billion grants from the Federal Ministry of Health, World Health Organization (WHO), World Bank and UNICEF.”
Mohammed said he was sure that there were other revenue inflows that the government had kept away from the public, adding that it is not in the habit of the present administration to reveal to Kwarans the financial records of the state.
“This has got to confirm how poor this government is when its comes to transparency and accountability.
“It is, however, pathetic and unfortunate that the huge monetary inflows into the state since 2019 has not translated into prosperity, development and improved living conditions for the people of the state, as the governor continues to mismanage the resources belonging to the state with impunity and recklessness,” he said.
Mohammed said the governor should explain to Kwarans what he has done with the huge cash inflows into the state coffers.
“Our party however, urges Kwarans not to despair but keep hope alive and continue to rally round the PDP in our quest to rescue our dear state from the misrule of the APC,” he added.
However, the state government has described the activities of the PDP and other opposition as part of grand plots to smear Governor Abdulrazaq and top government officials, urging the public to disregard such malicious campaigns.
The Special Adviser to Governor Abdulrazaq on Political Communications, Alhaji Bashir Adigun, accused some opposition politicians of desperate attempts to smear the image of the governor by using falsehoods of various kinds, including doctored documents, unverified claims, fake videos and other disinformation to mislead the public.
Adigun also alleged that the politicians have hatched a grand plot to launch a coordinated campaign of calumny against the governor and some other top government officials.
“We want to draw your attention to a plot by some opposition elements in the state the opposition, including the Peoples Democratic Party and their allies, to smear the governor and some other top government officials with falsehood in their desperate bid to return the state to backwardness and wanton diversion of public funds and resources for their private use.
“They plan to begin heavy use of some media platforms, including online media, to attack the government using all sorts of salacious tales that only exist in their imagination.
“We are aware that some mischievous elements are trying to rehash the long dismissed tale of N300 million LG funds purportedly missing,” he said.
890 total views, 504 views today
- 2023: You Need Wike For Your Rescue Mission, Mimiko Tells PDP
- Real Madrid Beat Frankfurt 2-0, Clinch UEFA Super Cup
- Osun APC Crisis: We’re Ready For Reconciliation, Says Aregbesola Camp
- I Never Demanded N50bn Monthly From Ambode, Tinubu Reacts As He Warns Peter Obi’s Supporters Against Promoting Fake News
- Police Dare Army Over Lagos Clash, Accuse Soldiers Of Abduction
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment11 months ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline1 year ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Headline5 months ago
BREAKING: Lagos CP Orders Security Beef Up Following MC Oluomo’s Suspension
Entertainment11 months ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
Entertainment6 months ago
Singer, Oxlade In Big Mess After His Sex Tape With A Strange Lady Surfaces Online (Watch Video)
Headline3 months ago
Just In: 2023: We Won’t Support Tinubu’s Ambition -Ambode Campaign Organisation
Entertainment2 years ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)
World news4 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda