Former Aston Villa striker, Gabby Agbonlahor, has insisted that Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, will be the club’s downfall this season.
Agbonlahor wants Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Ronaldo from his squad and instead use the likes of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Jadon Sancho in his attack line.
He stated this ahead of Man United’s home Premier League clash with Liverpool on Sunday evening.
According to him, Ronaldo doesn’t fit the way Man United play, adding that he was supposed to join Manchester City.
Asked whether Ronaldo improves Man United as a team, Agbonlahor told Football Insider: “I don’t think he does.
“People got carried away. Ronaldo was awful for Juventus last season. This season for Man United, he has not scored many great goals.
“The one against Newcastle was the goalkeeper’s fault, it went through his legs. The Villarreal one wasn’t anything special.
“If you look at Man United, if I am a Man United fan I want to see Greenwood down the middle, I want Rashford on the left and I want Sancho on the right, he is better on the right. That is my front three. Behind them, I want Pogba, Fernandes and Fred or McTominay.
“Ronaldo doesn’t fit into the way that Manchester United wants to play. The problem is, because of his profile and how good of a player he was, everyone feels like they have got to pass to him. They feel they have got to make a goal for Ronaldo.
“He is going to be the downfall of Man United, for me. It was a signing that was done for the fans and to stop him from going to Man City.
“Let us not be fooled, Ronaldo would have gone to Manchester City, 1000 per cent, he had probably already spoken to Manchester City.”
276 total views, 3 views today
Mbappe, Messi Score As PSG Thrash Club Brugge 4-1
Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi both scored twice as Paris Saint-Germain rounded out their Champions League group-stage campaign with a 4-1 thumping of Club Brugge on Tuesday.
Mbappe scored twice in the first seven minutes, the second-fastest double at the start of a game in Champions League history, before setting up Messi to make it 3-0 at half-time.
Mats Rits got one back for the Belgians in the second half but Messi then netted a penalty to make it 4-1 and give PSG a welcome confidence boost in an underwhelming European campaign to date.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side knew before this game that they were heading through to the last 16 in second place in Group A behind Manchester City after losing 2-1 in England last month.
That means a theoretically harder tie against a group winner awaits them in next Monday’s draw, with Liverpool, Ajax, Bayern Munich and Manchester United already potential opponents.
However, with Mbappe on this kind of form and Messi saving his best for Europe, there is still plenty of reason for optimism for Pochettino, who should also have Neymar back from his latest ankle injury by the time the knockout phase begins in February.
Mbappe needed just 73 seconds to open the scoring, following up to finish low into the far corner after Simon Mignolet had saved from Nuno Mendes.
226 total views, 226 views today
Chelsea’s Kovacic Tests Positive For COVID-19 After Injury Return
Chelsea midfielder Mateo Kovacic has tested positive for coronavirus just a day after returning to training, manager Thomas Tuchel announced on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old had been out of action since late October and Tuchel had hoped to ease him back into action this week.
N’Golo Kante remains sidelined with a knee issue, while Jorginho has been forced to play through the pain of a back problem and will now miss Wednesday’s Champions League trip to Zenit Saint Petersburg, leaving Tuchel short of defensive midfielders.
“We have bad news because Mateo was in training yesterday and with a big smile and it was a pure pleasure to have him back,” said Tuchel.
“But he tested positive today, for coronavirus, so he’s quarantining for a few days. So it’s a huge setback for him personally and for all of us.”
Chelsea have already qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League and will be confirmed as winners of Group H if they equal or better Juventus’s result against Malmo this week.
673 total views, 484 views today
Anthony Joshua Could Accept £40m To Step Aside For Fury vs Usyk
Anthony Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has hinted the boxer would be willing to step aside and allow Tyson Fury to face Oleksandr Usyk for £40million.
Joshua was beaten conclusively by Usyk in September and lost his unified heavyweight titles via unanimous decision.
He has since triggered a rematch clause and is scheduled to fight Ukrainian in March or April next year.
However, there has been speculation that Joshua will instead accept an offer to step aside for a potential bout between Usyk and Fury, which would crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion in over two decades.
Fury, who retained his WBC title by knocking out Deontay Wilder, was on the verge of agreeing to face Dillian Whyte in his next bout, but the WBC refused to name him as the Gypsy King’s mandatory challenger.
He has therefore turned his attention to an undisputed battle with Usyk.
Hearn has now suggested a price that will see Joshua step aside.
He told Boxing King Media: “Seven figures? A million? If you want to get him not to fight Oleksandr Usyk you have to times that by 40…
“At the moment there is communication between the two teams to say is it something, and the answer is AJ has not been spoken about this yet.
“I’ll deal with it and when I feel there’s an opportunity for Anthony and 258 (Management) we’ll sit down with them and present it to them but I won’t do that until it’s the right opportunity.
“If there’s a route and an offer and it makes sense then we’ll see but right now, it’s just conversations between the camps.”
682 total views, 490 views today
- Mbappe, Messi Score As PSG Thrash Club Brugge 4-1
- FG Launches Virtual Court Sitting At Correctional Centres
- COVID-19: Lagos Announces Beginning Of 4th Wave
- APC: Court Fixes Dec 17 To Hear Suit Seeking Removal Of Buni-led Caretaker Committee
- Comedian, Funnybone Slams BBNaija Star, Isilomo After She Criticized Male Comedians Who Dress Like Women For Entertainment
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment3 months ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline5 months ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Entertainment3 months ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
World news3 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda
Headline6 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: Lagos LG Polls: How Tinubu Prevailed On Aggrieved Aspirants To Drop Ambition, Pacify Supporters
News3 years ago
Popular Lagos Pastor In Sex Scandal
Headline6 months ago
EXCLUSIVE: LG Election: Crisis Rocks APC In Epe As Party Leaders Accuse Lagos Deputy Gov Of Imposing Three Candidates
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)